Friday, January 4, 2013

Getting to Know me!

I love blogging and reading others blogs. I'm a really good lurker, though- not a good commenter. Recently, I feel God stirring in me to revive my blog (well actually I made a new one, since I'm in a new season of life.) I need to take some time to process what all this will look like..but I feel change coming in all areas of my life. Love how God is always at work. But I do know this: I want to be able to connect with other women, to live out a life where grace flows daily, where it is beautiful in His sight, even when life isn't always pretty.

So I thought I'd tell a little bit about myself..so maybe if I get new readers. :)

  • I'm a newlywed. I met my husband on match.com, only to find out that about 10 years earlier, we both did summer missions with our state Baptist Collegiate Ministries (but in different places) in 2002. There's a poster with  both of our pictures on it! We knew alot of the same people, were raised in towns cities nearby and when we met on match- were living only 2 hours away from each other. Our love story is truly written by God!
  • I'm an adoption social worker and I absolutley love it. I love anything and everything about adoption (well most of it- except for the hard stuff and adoption fraud- another story, another post!)
  • I'm a city girl married to a total deer hunting, fishing loving, total outdoorsman self proclaimed "redneck." When we got married, I inherited a camoflauge recliner, a growing antler collection and an 11 point buck named Sparky who hangs on my wall. (Our next house will have a man cave!)
  • I'm slowly becoming outdoorsy. Hubs bought me a pink fishing pole for my birthday and we went fishing on our honeymoon. I have been in the deerstand but no gun yet. I wore these really cute camo rain boots with a heel! I told him if I had to get up at 4:30 in the morning and freeze my tail off, I was going to look cute doing it. It's  now a joke with his family about my boots.
  • I love LSU football. I'm an LSU grad too.
  • We plan on adopting one day, just not sure when.
  • I'm addicted to chocolate chip cookies.
  • I love to sing.
  • My favorite color is purple.
  • Life has not turned out at all like I thought it would, but I'm so thankful that God knows what He's doing..His timing is perfect.
  • I love to craft, although I'm not very good at it.
  • If I werent' a social worker, I'd be a writer or speaker.

1 comment: