Saturday, September 21, 2013

When God Moves

I just realized in the 1 year since we've been married and I started this new blog- I've posted 10 times. Blog fail! I'm really hoping to get better at blogging- writing, pictures, etc. I've spent a lot time on the road lately and I have a lot of blog ideas rolling around in my head.
 
Hubby and I recently celebrated our 1st year of marriage! Time flies when you're having fun. We celebrated low key with a fishing trip to Grand isle- we're also going to Disney World in January and that's kind of our anniversary/Christmas present. We didn't catch a lot of fish, but it was nice to get away and just relax, spend time together and I love seeing D in his element- the great outdoors. We also ate our cake topper and surprisingly, it was really good. I loved our cake!
 
A lot has been going on with us and it's all good- just a lot at one time. I was telling someone that when God moves, He moves fast and furious. This is no exception. We were originally going to Asia on a mission trip with our church in July. Well, in May, the tickets jumped in price and there weren't enough people to go on the trip. We had money donated for the trip and it felt like we were in a holding pattern. We looked at other mission opportunities and nothing felt right: either too expensive, time off of work, just not a good fit, etc. Well, in late June, our missions pastor approached us and told us that the airline tickets drop significantly in October so they were looking at doing the trip then plus a few more people were interested in going. Donations continued to come in and we now have our trip fully funded. We leave Oct. 10.
 
Back in mid July, D received an email from a church about 2 hours from us saying they had received his resume for youth minister position. We get these emails all the time and there's usually no follow through. Well, about 2 weeks later, he got a phone call from the pastor and search committee and ended up having an impromptu phone interview. 2 weeks later- email inviting us for an interview, 2 weeks later, offering him the position and set up in view of call for Sept 15. Sept 15- unanimous decision to call him as youth minister- originally wanted him to start Oct. 1, but agreed to wait until after we got back from Asia- as in the day after  we get back. We have about 6 weeks to get things ready to move and oh, throw a trip to Asia in the mix!
 
God's hands is all over this ministry position and move. The night we interviewed, they drove us around town and showed us a few houses that were for rent or sale. I saw one and fell in love with it on the outside- went home and looked at pictures- we both fell in love with this house. It's perfect- everything that D wanted in a home, plus everything that I wanted- and a 4th bedroom for an office- I'll  be able to keep my job and work from home. Last Sunday after church, we were able to look inside the house. Oh my- love it! We called the owners and talked to them about the house and then called the realtor on the way home to see about listing the house. This week has been a whirlwhind of meeting with the realtor, getting pre approved, talking to the owners, trying to come up with a plan and start packing our house.. put our house on the market Oct. 1. Everything is falling into to place.
 
In the beginning of the week, I was so anxious. Everything is happening so fast and all at one time. But that's usually how God works. Slowly I'm letting go of control and feeling the anxiety lift off and feel peace flood in. As I was driving one day this week, I was just reminded of God's faithfulness. This first year of marriage has been tough: financially, emotionally, just getting used to each other, infertility,not knowing what God was doing or where He would lead us. Then all of sudden (well not really all of a sudden in God's time), the pieces fall into place. I'm so thankful that God sees the bigger picture and gives us just enough light for the step that we're on. He has unfolded each piece of the puzzle to reveal a greater story, a greater masterpiece. It's beautiful. I can't wait to start this new season of life with my husband, serving together with him, learning to trust God more and more.
 
A few prayer requests:
  • As all of this change is happening- we are still going to Asia. It's hard to focus on that and be in a mindset of getting ready for a mission trip when all this other is going on. Pray that we will focus on getting our hearts ready.
  • My house to sell.
  • getting moved and everything involved with that
  • Transition as a minister's wife- this is a big move and big transition in general but I'm excited and a little nervous

No comments:

Post a Comment